Building a blockchain from the ground-up is a daunting task in itself, one that should not be a concern when designing an end-user application. Moreover, as Web3 aims to move away from centralized vertical scalability towards a multi-chain decentralized environment, horizontal scalability and cross-communication should represent a standard. While Cosmos solves the latter, deploying application-specific blockchains has not been a streamlined process. Saga aims to address this by providing automated means of deploying application-specific blockchains, called chainlets that use the validator set of Saga. This leads to a simplified user (and developer) experience, presently much needed in the Web3 gaming and entertainment industries.
We were joined by Rebecca Liao, co-founder & CEO of Saga, to discuss bootstrapping app-specific chains in just one click, leveraging the scalability & security of Cosmos, thus allowing developers to focus more on the product and less on the blockchain infrastructure.
Topics covered in this episode:
- Rebecca’s background & building Saga
- Leveraging Cosmos SDK, IBC & ICS to bootstrap other chains
- Saga validators & tokenomics
- IBC & elastic scaling for chainlets
- ICS & Saga’s tech stack
- Chainlet customization
- Partnerships & use cases
- Chainlet ‘Musical chairs’ auction
- Targeting gaming and entertainment industries
- Multi-chain future and inter-chain communication
- Omni: Access all of Web3 in one easy-to-use wallet! Earn and manage assets at once with Omni’s built-in staking, yield vaults, bridges, swaps and NFT support.
This episode is hosted by Sebastien Couture & Felix Lutsch. Show notes and listening options: epicenter.tv/484