With students learning in more places and different ways than we have ever seen, the pace of change in education is dizzying. Can this progress narrow learning gaps exacerbated by COVID-19 or will it fuel divides? How can we make the most of this once-in-a-generation opportunity?
Join our panelists from Khan Academy, PrismsVR, and Minecraft Education as we discuss the classroom of the future, and how important technologies including AI, XR, and gaming should play a role in it.
00:00 – The classroom of 2023
04:30 – Data on the current classroom
05:40– Developing the next gen of STEM talent
08:00 – AI in the classroom
13:10 – The role of gaming in the classroom
16:00 – Misconceptions of technology in classroom
17:51 – The ways teachers and students use AI
21:15 – The future role of a teacher
24:25 – Personalization and ownership in education
27:11 – Getting hardware into the classroom
29:54 – Misconceptions of teacher’s abilities and appetite for tech
31:25 – Why implement these changes now?
36:05 – Call to action for the classroom of 2050
- Find Sal Khan on Twitter: https://twitter.com/salkhanacademy
- Find Romy Drucker on Twitter: https://twitter.com/romydrucker
- Find Allison Matthews on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/allison-matthews-4050677/
- Find Anurupa on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/anurupa-ganguly-92790379/
- Learn more about Khan Academy: https://www.khanacademy.org/
- Learn more about The Walton Family Foundation: https://www.waltonfamilyfoundation.org/
- Learn more about Minecraft Education: https://education.minecraft.net/en-us
- Learn more about Prisms VR: https://www.prismsvr.com/
- Watch more panel discussions from The Aspen Ideas Festival 2023: https://www.aspenideas.org/
Find a16z on Twitter: https://twitter.com/a16z
Find a16z on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/a16z
Subscribe on your favorite podcast app: https://a16z.simplecast.com/
Follow our host: https://twitter.com/stephsmithio
Please note that the content here is for informational purposes only; should NOT be taken as legal, business, tax, or investment advice or be used to evaluate any investment or security; and is not directed at any investors or potential investors in any a16z fund. a16z and its affiliates may maintain investments in the companies discussed. For more details please see a16z.com/disclosures.